UC Experts pre-configured Session Border Controller (SBC) - PoE
The ProPBX 3CX SBC is only available in combination with ProPBX Hosted 3CX tenants and comes fully pre-configured!
Hosted on a PoE powered micro compute unit, the ProPBX 3CX Session Border Controller (SBC) allows easier bridging of remote 3CX instances and connection of remote extensions. The SBC combines all SIP (signaling) and RTP (media) VoIP Packets from one location and delivers them to and from another location (typically the PBX Server) using a custom TCP protocol. This simple concept allows 3CX to overcome firewall or telecom provider issues. The 3CX SBC can be used for the following reasons:
- Resolve issues of NAT Traversal at both the remote and the PBX location.
- Simplified Firewall configuration at both the remote and the PBX location.
- Overcome difficulties with ISPs that block VoIP Traffic based on port numbers.
- Allows VoIP-over-WiFi in some restricted locations, such as Hotel rooms.
- “Fixes” Firewalls that cannot handle VoIP traffic correctly or which are very problematic to configure correctly, such as Microsoft ISA Server