With Update 1, 3CX V18 is now ready to be installed on Windows operating systems.
With Update 1, 3CX V18 is now ready to be installed on Windows operating systems. Companies running 3CX on Windows can benefit from improved audio quality, reliability and upgraded performance. Update 1 also comes with improvements to MS Teams integration and support for Yealink Headsets.
Professional headsets at half the price
Use Yealink headsets to attend to your calls. Available with the Web Client and Desktop App, the integration allows you to answer and reject calls, place on mute or hold, as well as switch between lines directly from the headset.
Improvements to MS Teams integration
Following numerous installations of MS Teams with 3CX, we have improved the integration further by developing new features and tweaking existing ones. With Update 1, when a Teams user rejects a call, the 3CX Forwarding Rules for that user are applied.
3CX Video Conference REST API
Use the 3CX Video Conferencing REST API to create, manage or delete meetings from 3rd party applications such as ClickUp and MS Teams. This will enable you to integrate 3CX Video Conferencing better into your day to day workflow. Read the API documentation.
Other fixes and improvements
- Added customizable hotkey shortcuts to the Desktop App.
- Images are automatically compressed when sent to SMS/MMS or Facebook messenger.
How to upgrade to V18 on Windows
- Login to the Management Console and go to “Backup and Restore”.
- Take a full backup configuration (incl. Voicemails and Recordings) for safety precautions.
- Uninstall 3CXPhoneSystem V16.
- Install 3CXPhoneSystem V18.
- Restore backup.
- Wait until the installation is complete.
How to get V18 Update 1
Click on “Updates” in the Management Console’s Dashboard, select “v18 Update 1” and click on “Download Selected” to install this update on your PBX.